Seeking a process that will provide you with the tools, skills, and method you need to manage a project successfully?
At Your Project Manager, we are committed to educating business owners and project managers across Australia in the most tried and tested methods of project management.
We provide training in the form of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (‘PMBOK® Guide’), an internationally recognised standard which provides processes, skills, tools, concepts, and techniques for the project management profession.
The PMBOK® Guide describes best practice, proven and traditional project management fundamentals which can be applied by any organisation in any industry to any project regardless of the type, size and complexity.
How Can the PMBOK® Guide Help Your Organisation?
This guide provides a solid foundation for any project manager to help ensure their projects meet their objectives and are delivered successfully. Currently in its 5th edition, the ‘PMBOK® Guide’ provides a comprehensive description of all aspects of project management.
The foundation of PMBOK® Guide is built upon the five ‘Process Groups’.
- Initiation – you start a project based on a project charter and decide that the project will begin.
- Planning – create a plan for work and identify the activities that will take place to get the job done while at the same time developing policies and procedures to safeguard the project.
- Executing – implement the work through labour, materials and resources.
- Monitoring & Controlling – track the status of your project, take action wherever necessary to keep the project on track.
- Closing – a formal acceptance of the project and a summary of the lessons learned throughout the process.
Together with these five Process Groups (within which there are 47 ‘sub-processes’) the PMBOK® Guide provides ten ‘Knowledge Areas’ which covers a particular Project Management discipline.
These ten knowledge areas are vital for concise, efficient, and effective project management. They are as follows:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholders Management (added in 5th edition)
These process and knowledge areas have been designed to easily overlap and interact with each other throughout a project’s life cycle. This means that you are never far away from a project management solution that will improve and enhance your project.
Integrate PMBOK Within Your Work Structure
A key factor with the PMBOK® Guide is that it consistently recommends that the processes and techniques are to be used in conjunction with an organisation’s process assets. What this means is:
- Policies, processes, and knowledge bases are all integrated and leveraged when managing your project.
- Environmental factors such as culture and industry standards should also be leveraged and incorporated into your project management process.
- To gain the full benefits from applying PMBOK® Guide practices, your organisation needs a planned, coordinated, and consistent approach, ensuring alignment with an organisational current project management practices and techniques.
This is where our PMBOK consultants and PMBOK training can help.
At Your Project Manager, we can ensure that your project management is smoothly integrated and in line with the PMBOK guide to deliver superior project management processes and outcomes for your business.
Project Management Consultants For Your Business or Project
Our PMBOK consultants can provide the following services for your organisation:
- Onsite accredited and tailored project management training.
- Assist with the tailored design, implementation and embedding of project management fundamentals at the organisation, divisional or team level.
- Work with your organisation to identify gaps in your project management knowledge and application and provide recommendations for improvement to increase benefits.
- Provide recommendations for using the PMBOK® Guide in conjunction with PRINCE2.
- Provide user-friendly project management templates and guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate project governance models including sponsor and project boards, roles and responsibilities and decision-making authorities.
- Perform project management capability and maturity assessments.
- Assess and ensure that your projects are being managed in compliance with project management fundamentals.
- Perform independent project management health checks.
- Provide ‘post project management training’ support and mentoring.
- Align project management processes with relevant organisational processes such as Risk Assessment processes.
PMBOK Consultants and Training From Your Project Manager
Whether you require tailored, onsite training, assistance with managing your projects using best-practice and proven project management processes and techniques, or if you would like to improve other project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, our experienced consultants can help your organisation improve the performance and efficiency of your organisation’s project delivery.