PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) is an internationally recognised standard which provides processes, skills, tools, concepts and techniques for the project management profession. It describes best practice, proven and traditional project management fundamentals which can be applied by any organisation in any industry to any project regardless of the type, size and complexity. It provides a solid foundation for any project manager to help ensure their projects meet their objectives and are delivered successfully. Currently in its 5th edition, ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge’ provides a comprehensive description of all aspects of PMBOK.
- Monitoring & Controlling
Together with these five Process Groups (which contain 47 ‘sub-processes’), PMBOK provides ten ‘Knowledge Areas’, each covering a particular Project Management discipline. These process and knowledge areas have been designed to easily overlap and interact with each other throughout a projects life cycle.
A key factor with PMBOK is that it consistently recommends that the processes and techniques are to be used in conjunction with an organisations process assets (e.g.: policies, processes, knowledge bases) and environmental factors such as culture and industry standards. To gain the full benefits from applying PMBOK practices, an organisation needs a planned, coordinated and consistent approach, ensuring alignment with an organisational current project management practices and techniques.
Our consultants can provide the following PMBOK services for your organisation:
- Onsite accredited and tailored PMBOK training.
- Assist with the tailored design, implementation and embedding of PMBOK fundamentals at the organisation, divisional or team level.
- Work with your organisation to identify gaps in your PMBOK knowledge and application and provide recommendations for improvement to increase benefits.
- Provide recommendations for using PMBOK in conjunction with PRINCE2.
- Provide user-friendly PMBOK based project management templates and guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate project governance models including sponsor and project boards, roles and responsibilities and decision making authorities.
- Perform PMBOK capability and maturity assessments.
- Assess and ensure that your projects are being managed in compliance with PMBOK fundamentals.
- Perform independent PMBOK-based health checks.
- Provide ‘post PMBOK training’ support and mentoring.
- Align PMBOK with relevant organisational processes such as Risk Assessment processes.
Whether you require tailored, onsite training, assistance with managing your projects using best-practice and proven PMBOK processes and techniques or you would like to improve how PMBOK can be used in conjunction with other project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, our experienced consultants can help your organisation improve the performance and efficiency of your organisations project delivery.