A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) is an internationally recognised standard which provides processes, skills, tools, concepts and techniques for the project management profession. It describes best practice, proven and traditional project management fundamentals which can be applied by any organisation in any industry to any project regardless of the type, size and complexity. It provides a solid foundation for any project manager to help ensure their projects meet their objectives and are delivered successfully. Currently in its 5th edition,the ‘PMBOK® Guide’ provides a comprehensive description of all aspects of project management.
- Monitoring & Controlling
Together with these five Process Groups (which contain 47 ‘sub-processes’), PMBOK® Guide provides ten ‘Knowledge Areas’, each covering a particular Project Management discipline. These process and knowledge areas have been designed to easily overlap and interact with each other throughout a projects life cycle.
A key factor with PMBOK® Guide is that it consistently recommends that the processes and techniques are to be used in conjunction with an organisations process assets (e.g.: policies, processes, knowledge bases) and environmental factors such as culture and industry standards. To gain the full benefits from applying PMBOK® Guide practices, an organisation needs a planned, coordinated and consistent approach, ensuring alignment with an organisational current project management practices and techniques.
Project Management Consultants
Our consultants can provide the following services for your organisation:
- Onsite accredited and tailored Project Management training.
- Assist with the tailored design, implementation and embedding of project management fundamentals at the organisation, divisional or team level.
- Work with your organisation to identify gaps in your project management knowledge and application and provide recommendations for improvement to increase benefits.
- Provide recommendations for using PMBOK® Guide in conjunction with PRINCE2.
- Provide user-friendly project management templates and guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate project governance models including sponsor and project boards, roles and responsibilities and decision making authorities.
- Perform project management capability and maturity assessments.
- Assess and ensure that your projects are being managed in compliance with project management fundamentals.
- Perform independent project management health checks.
- Provide ‘post project management training’ support and mentoring.
- Align project management processes with relevant organisational processes such as Risk Assessment processes.
Whether you require tailored, onsite training, assistance with managing your projects using best-practice and proven project management processes and techniques or you would like to improve other project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, our experienced consultants can help your organisation improve the performance and efficiency of your organisations project delivery.